Humantay Lake Tour
Duration: 1 day
Start: 04:30 a.m.
Finish: 06:00 p.m.
Trip Style: cultural
Group size: 18 per max
Early in the morning we pick you up from your hotel at 04:30 a.m. to move us in our transportation for 3 hours to the andean town of Mollepata going through the exuberant valley of Limabambo River. In this picturesque town you’ll enjoy a delicious breakfast to get energies.
Then we continue our tour driving for 50 minutes heading to the starting point of the hike known as SORAYPAMPA (3900msnm), from this village we will begin our brief hike for 1 hour to Humantay Lake which lies 4200 meters above sea level.
Upon arriving to this majestic turquoise lake you’ll receive valuable information of the tour guide about this sacred lagoon and its surroundings, then you will have enough time to take beautiful photos, enjoying the fresh air and living an unforgettable moment very close of energetic mountains known as “Apus” in the Andean world.
At noon, we descend for 50 minutes through the same footpath until arrive to SORAYPAMPA where we’ll take our private transport to come back to Mollepata small town where we’ll enjoy a comforting lunch. Finally we return to Cusco city arriving about 06:00 p.m.
Important note: If you do not like to walk, the ascent to the lagoon you can do it on horseback, you can rent a horse in Soraypampa village. The rent cost ranges between 12 and 15 dolars.
- Round trip transportation from Cusco to Soraypampa (the starting point of the hike).
- Breakfast (Optional: Vegetarian).
- Buffet Lunch (Optional: Vegetarian).
- Entrance ticket to Humantay lake.
- Professional speaking english guide.
- Fisrt aid kit.
- Walking sticks.
Does not include:
- Horse Service for the ascent to Humnatay Lake. The rent cost the horse is between 12 to 15 dollars.
We recommend bring:
- Warm clothes.
- Jacket for the rain / poncho. “Between November to May”.
- Sun block, sun hat, sunglasses.
- Comfortable hike shoes.
- A bottle of water.
- Personal medicines.
- Extra cash money.
35.00 USD pp